This policy explains how FactoryoftheFuture.org responds to allegations of the unauthorized use of copyrighted images, text, or links to allegedly infringing materials under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”).
FactoryoftheFuture.org respects intellectual property. It is our policy to respond promptly to any claim that content posted on the site infringes the copyright for intellectual property of another person. We will take appropriate action under applicable intellectual property law where we believe an infringement has taken place, including removing or disabling access to the content claim to be infringed and/or terminating accounts and access to site.
Please be advised: There are legal and financial penalties for fraudulent and/or bad-faith claims. Please be aware that you may be liable for any damages, including costs and attorneys’ fees incurred by us or our users, if you knowingly misrepresent an infringement or counter-notification.
If you have questions, please seek the advice of an attorney.
U.S. Copyright Office – copyright.gov
Electronic Frontier Foundation – eff.org
Lumen database collects and analyzes legal complaints and requests for removal of online materials – lumendatabase.org
TO SUBMIT A COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT NOTIFICATION:
If you believe your personally created, copyright-protected work was posted on FactoryoftheFuture.org without authorization, you may take one of two actions:
1) If you feel that the content being on FactoryoftheFuture.org is benefiting you in some way and wish the content to remain on the Site, you may request to be shown to be the author / creator.
2) Or you may submit a copyright infringement notification.
Before you submit a notification, please:
- know that you are initiating a legal process;
- do not make false claims — misuse of this process may result in the suspension of your account or other legal consequences;
- only submit a request if you are the actual copyright owner or an agent authorized to act on the owner’s behalf;
- consider if Fair Use / Fair Dealing*, or a similar exception to copyright applies before you submit; (* Fair Use is a doctrine of US copyright law, called “Fair Dealing” in United Kingdom, which says that brief excerpts of copyright material may, under certain circumstances, be quoted verbatim for purposes such as criticism, news reporting, teaching, and research, without the need for permission from or payment to the copyright holder.)
Please use our Report a Problem form to submit a notification.
TO SUBMIT A COUNTER NOTIFICATION:
If you believe that your content was taken down in error, you may request that FactoryoftheFuture.org re-post your content by submitting a counter notification. This is a legal request to repost content that has been removed for alleged copyright infringement.
Content will only be re-posted if it was removed as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material, such as in the case of Fair Use.
After you submit the Counter Notification, we send all information you supplied to the person who submitted the original copyright infringement. This person may use this information to file a lawsuit against you in order to keep the content from being reposted. By submitting a counter notification, you consent to having your information revealed to that person.
If you have any concerns about this or other policies of FactoryoftheFuture.org, please feel free to Contact Us.